Automate WordPress Video
WordPress Houston Meetup presentation about automating WordPress internally and externally. Internal processes as well as automating marketing and business process.
- Types of WordPress Automation
- Internal Vs. External
- Internal = Block spam, Backups, Schedule blogs, Compress Images
- External = Marketing, Business Processes, Data Collection
- Internal WordPress Automation
- Comment Management = Akismet
- Backups = WP Database Backup or BackupBuddy
- Schedule Blogs = Auto Post Scheduler
- Compress Images = ShortPixel Image Optimizer
- Social Sharing = NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster
- Database Management = WP-Optimize
- WordPress Updates = Companion Auto Update
- Page Management = Broken Link Checker
- Security = WordFence
- External WordPress Automation
- What Can You Do With Automation?
- Collect Gravity Forms Entries and Log into a spreadsheet or notes app like AirTable, Evernote, Google Sheets.
- Log WordPress posts into a spreadsheet like Trello, Google Sheets, AirTable
- SMS WordPress posts so you know a post was published.
- Publish WordPress posts to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn with the right image then repeat on an interval.
- Manage customer billing and subscriptions with Stripe
- Zap Examples
- WordPress to Social Media
- WooCommere Orders to Email to Spreadsheet
- Before You Start
- Gather logins and login on separate tabs.
- If needed, find your API keys.
- Open all of your feeds and Social Media accounts.
- Create one sample post, calendar item, form entry.
- Create a special user account for Zapier & IFTTT.
- Website URLs
- API Plugins PREPARE
Plugins and Resources that I referenced in the presentation.
Internal Automation Plugins:
Automate Externally Support