Standard Logo Dimensions [List]
It’s been over 20 years since I designed my first logo. It’s crazy how every time I create a new profile on a social media platform or control panel or gravatar that I need to go back and create a special logo file that fits the website’s specific dimensions. So I created a list of standard logo dimensions that any company or entrepreneur should have in their shared drive and at the ready to add to their profile.
This is by no means an exhaustive list but it does have the basics for branding.
- Vector Format. Request your logo designer provide a vector version of your logo. This allows for editing and changes later on. Your printer can make your logo or smaller as needed.
- Vector Programs. The master file should be required in a vector program such as Illustrator or Sketch so that you or your designer can scale it up to any size you need.
- Long and Wide. You need a horizontal and vertical version of your logo. Consider all of the places your logo will be placed; website, hats, t-shirts, car wraps, business cards, and more and more…
- File Size. For online profiles, be sure to keep your logo image size smaller than 200KB, best if it were under 100KB.
- White and Black. You need your logo in a black version and white version as well as your full color version. Your logo should be recognizable on many different backgrounds and formats.
Popular Social Media
Below is a list of standard dimensions based on more popular sizes. Then there are some optional dimensions for other social media or mobile options.
- Profile: 200px x 200px – allow Facebook to crop to 180 x 180 so you have a full border
- Cover: 1640 x 624px
- Profile: 250px x 250px
- Profile: 400px x 400px
- Cover: 1500 х 1500px
- YouTube Channel icon:
- Profile photo (circular): 800 x 800px
- Thumbnail photo: 1280 x 720px
- Cover photo: 2560 x 1440px
- Profile: 400px x 400px (This should be your photo not your logo)
- Background Image: 1584px x 396px
- LinkedIn Company:
- Profile: 1536px x 768px
- Profile: 110px x 110px
- Profile: 165px x 165px
Logos for Websites
- 16px x 16px
- 32px x 32px
- 48px x 48px
- Website Horizontal
- 250px x 150px
- 350px x 75px
- 400px x 100px
- Website Square or Vertical:
- 160px x 160px
Logos for Mobile App Icons
- iPhone 6S, 6+, 7+: 180 px x 180 px
- iPad: 152 px x 152 px
- Android: 192 px x 192 px
- Windows: 62 px x 62 px
Logos for Print
Here are some logo sizes for print:
- The maximum size that can be screen printed on a T-shirt is usually 14 inches x 15 inches
- On an 11 oz. mug, the standard print size area is 8.5 inches x 3 inches
- On an average hat, the logo size is around 3 inches- 3 1/2 inches wide
Frequently Asked Questions
- How big should my logo be?
Your logo should be designed using tools that allows you to create vector images. This way your logo is not confined to a specific size. You logo can be
- How much should a custom logo cost?
It depends on your budget. IMO, I would not spend more than $1000 if you are just starting out. Spend money on the things that are going to generate revenue now. We’ve built websites for customers using a simple font and later they came back for a professional logo design after they had a budget. Remember that even the largest companies in the world started with beginner logos.
- What are some affordable design tools?
We have the Adobe Suite so we use Illustrator. This would be if you are starting your career in graphic design and you plan on creating logos as a career. If it’s your own business and you need something quick without a budget, I would consider Canva which is a free tool. Another tool might be Sketch.
- Which files should I request from my designer?
- Black version (transparent) as EPS and PNG
- White version (transparent) as EPS and PNG
- File as EPS
- File as JPG
- File as PNG (transparent)
- How big should my logo be?
Need help with more size dimensions?
Sizes for ads and icons
- https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/430 – Profile Photo Guidelines and Conditions
Mobile App Icons
If you have other logo dimensions that you think should be added, leave your idea in the comment section below.