Houston SEO, Search engine optimization, is not only about Search Engines, it’s primary purpose is to make sure your customers can find your website, find what they need on your website and know what to do when they get to your website.
GlobalSpex SEO Marketing can be your partner on the internet.
Before you read what we have to say, be sure to review what the 3 major search engines have to say about SEO:
Search Engine Friendly Websites
Our work is organic. Meaning we start with research and your goals then we work on your website. Content is king as Google says and we take that seriously.
As part of our web development services (Yes, all of our websites are optimized regardless how small or big), our websites perform well in the search engines because they are built on sound SEO principles. Websites that are not search engine friendly will not perform well in the search engines despite all your SEO efforts like content, link building, meta tags, and key word research. We work to have HTML that validates and we strive for zero html/xhtml code errors.
Great website navigation and organization, clean code, smart linking, and easily-categorized content is our Houston Texas SEO Services' baseline. We don’t hype miracle cures or deception.
SEO Blog Posts
Content Is King!
Why Good Content Is Important to SEO?
First and foremost, before you do any SEO changes, make sure you are writing to your customers and not for the search engines. That means, don’t load your pages with key phrases that make no sense. Your customers are smart enough to know the difference and search engines know the difference. (Google will go so far as to ban your website for keyword stuffing.)
Even though you get top in the rankings, doesn’t always mean that folks will stay there. Always ask yourself, is this information my customers want to read about and learn? Will this help them make a decision? Will this keep them on my site and not hit the back button (your bounce-back rate)? Is this informatioBelow is a video from one of Google’s software engineer, Matt Cutts. In it he explain that it’s not really the size of your site but the quality of the links to it. How important and unique is your content?n unique and relevant?
We can help with this. We have SEO writers that can convert your content from blah to Wow! We’ll make sure that your customers know “the next step.” What we mean is that your visitor will know to call, email, register, or sign-up. Don’t make them guess.
Code Makes a Difference
Why is Good Website Code Important?
Google, Yahoo, and MSN each have their own means of collecting websites that are relevant to your search queries. Each Search Engine uses an algorithm based on links from and to other sites, your web content, meta tags, and a myriad of other technical issues.
So What Do You Mean by ‘Good Code?’
Well, there are few items that the SE bots look for when they come to your site.
- Validated Code. We make sure our code validates based on W3C standards. All SEs claim that poorly code will impact your search indexing.“Use well-formed, HTML code in your webpages.” From Bing.com http://validator.w3.org/. “Just as texts in a language can include spelling or grammar errors, documents using Markup languages may (for various reasons) not be following these rules. This does not mean that the website is good it only means that a tool (not necessarily without flaws) has found the page to comply with a specific set of rules. No more, no less. Cite W3C.org
- Meta Title Tag. Users are more likely to click a link if the title matches their search.
- Meta Description Tag. This information may show in the SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
- Meta Keyword Tag. Google does not care for this but Yahoo and Bing do.
- Alt Text for Images. It’s good page design to accommodate text browsers or visually impaired visitors, and it helps improve the text content of your page for search purposes. Cite Yahoo
- Actual text. Fill your pages with relevant content (not text made to be a graphic).
- Actual links to either internal pages or other websites.
And more about Search Engine Optimization
Every incoming link to your site is a ‘vote’ indicating importance. But not all links are created equal. Link popularity remains an important part of a successful search engine optimization campaign. We will help you attract the kinds of quality links that can improve your rankings.
Our Linking methodology:
- Baiting. Content is king! Always! We will help make your site unique. “Google algorithm has become much more elegant and advanced, devaluing staggering amount of links that shouldn’t count, and placing more emphasis on trusted links.” Great article on "Why Houston SEO content important".
- Directories. We use a combination of paid and free directories when establishing directory links to client sites, and these will vary based on the subject or niche of pages.
- Widgets. Build feeds from videos, blogs, RSS, and tweets. By adding content through feeds, you are reaching people external of your site and connect with end users directly.
We use the 3 major search engine webmaster tools for Houston SEO. We won’t hide this from you and don’t try assume that we’ve got special, secret gear. We use these tools because they are there for a reason but it means a bit of manual effort to review your website based on what the Search Engine see. Each SE has their own algorithm but they are useful.
- Google: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en
- Yahoo: Merged with Bing’s Webmaster tools
- Bing: http://www.bing.com/webmaster
What is Page Rank?
PageRank relies on the democratic nature of the internet by using each website’s ability to link to each other. Linking is an indicator of a page’s value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves “important” weigh more heavily and help to make other pages “important”.
If you have a large website (25+) or a website with dynamic content (content that changes based on a user’s query), Google’s sitemaps program offers a free way to improve indexing of your site. We will make sure your sitemap is readable and accurate.
Search Engine Registration
We register your site with the major search engines and directories (not the 1000 that some sites claim), and we will make recommendations regarding any paid submissions we think might help you achieve your goal. For Houston SEO, Google doesn’t require submission or registration, but it can be helpful to manually register (see webmaster tools below). Yahoo and several other hybrid search engine/directories have expedited and pay-to-submit services that are sometimes worth pursuing.