Google Local: Make sure your customers can find you on the map!
As part of your ongoing effort to increase your website’s visitors stats, it is important to include your business to Google Local. If anything, it helps your current customers find you quickly after typing your company name, but it is FREE! Be sure you include all of your locations.
Here is how:
- Go to www.google.com/local/add. If you don’t already have a google account (such as a gmail or a google calendar), register for an account with google.
- After logging in, search for your business address to see if your business is already there. If it is, there is a link Google will ask you to enter things such as address, phone, fax, website, email address and description (see below)
- If you do not, you’ll be asked to add a business listing.
- Once google has located your address on google maps, you will need to fill out are the details about your business. Enter your hours of operation, a description of the products you sell, and your category(ies) to help people find you, visit your location, read reviews, and link to your website.
- The final page will help google to verify that the location is truly yours. You have the option of either verifying your location by postcard or by phone. If you plan to verify by phone, make sure the phone line is open and google will have an automated message sent to your phone with a verification code. Verifying by postcard is much slower, but may be necessary if you utilize a call center. Once you receive the verification code, log into the Google Local Business Center and enter the verification code. Your business will become active after the code is entered.
- From here you’ll be able to access reports on who came to your location listing and the actions they took, for example, from where did folks get directions?