Some rules to get your website listed. Note: these are not steps to get listed the top 10 search results.
- Your website should be complete with no broken links, unique content, and keyword optimized.
- Include a sitemap formatted with an XML extension and add to your webserver.
- Add your site using the Google Sitemaps tools.
- If you can, add a link to a site with PR (PageRank) of 5. I have been able to help my clients get indexed quickly by google by simply adding a link to their new site from my homepage which has a PR of 5.
Other notable ideas:
- resubmit your sitemap each time you make a dramatic change to your website.
- continue to add unique content to your website.
- Make sure that you utilize your specific keywords on each of your pages. Your title tag, description tag, and content should each reflect your keywords and phrases.