Facebook is the most popular social networking site at the moment, with 500 million active users logging on to their pages in any given day. Last year, they beat Google in visits.
For millions of people around the globe, checking and updating their Facebook page daily or hourly is a habit. That’s why it’s easy to believe sources when they say that it is now bigger, better targeted and less competitive than Google in driving traffic to websites.
With these facts, many business owners are already raking in the benefits from Facebook’s monstrous success. They have learned how to surf the power of this social networking site to boost traffic to their websites at amazing proportions.
What Can You Do?
If you don’t have a Facebook account yet, now is the time to create one. It’s free, so sign up.
Once you have an account, you can “friend” and message people you know. You can even create “groups” and “communities”. Here are a few tips on how to get more people to view your profile page:
- Personalize your photo or logo.
- Create an interesting profile page. One that will stand out from the millions of others out there
- Add a link to your site _on your profile page
- Make more friends. An_ active Facebook user_ has an average of 130 friends. So that means for every friend you gain, you can gain exposure to her 130 friends too.
- Maintain a blog_. If you already have a blog, you can import your blog’s RSS feed into Facebook.
- Interact _with the public by posting comments on relevant popular groups
- If you have an opt-in page, most email marketing software allow you to add your opt-in form to your Facebook Fan site so your fans can subscribe from right inside Facebook.
I’ll be honest with you. You can drive traffic to your website for free if you do it right and if you dedicate some of your time to it. It may take some time before you can build up your Facebook presence and fan base.
To get the most out of Facebook, you should also make sure to adhere to the Facebook etiquette and terms of service. Your “_friends_” should be treated as friends, which means not bombarding them with obtrusive sales pitches or links to your sales pages.
If you want to _take the next step in your social networking _efforts, consider a targeted Fan Page. Here is ours: https://www.facebook.com/globalspex.