Don’t forget Google Local
If you are at all interested in making sure your customers can find you on the internet or on the road, make sure you remember your listing within Google Local. It is often overlooked but is still very important to your online marketing efforts. Beyond search engine strategies like pay-per-click, optimization, and off-line efforts, your listing in Google local can be quite helpful.
- Google Local shows above the organic listings allowing your business to show at the top of the page.
- Searchers looking for a specific location will more likely click on your business listing because they have purposefully entered that city or address.
- Local allows you to enter detailed information about your business like phone, address, list any coupons or specials.
- Your customers can review your business.
- Websites linking to your site, and any pages indexed by Google, and any photos you’d like to show off.
Which brings me to my next reminder, take some time and check your Google Local listing. Then claim your listing by clicking the “Edit this Listing” at the footer of the detailed page. Follow the instructions to validate your listing using a mail post or phone call.