Computer Tip: Bypass your PC password
August 16, 2009 /
Oops, you forgot your personal computer password (and you didn’t use the save password wizard).
Follow these steps to bypass this password.
- Reboot your PC and press until you see the Windows start-up options.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and press .
- Select Administrator (a hidden account without a password).
- Open the Control Panel | User Accounts and select your account
- Click Change the password, and follow the instructions to reset it.