How to Add Your Business to Google Local
How to Add Your Business
Your business listing may already be featured in Google Places, since they capture many listings from local directories. What you then have to do is “claim” or verify your business listing. No one else can claim it – only you or your authorized representative.
It’s a fact that small businesses often don’t operate in a cut-and-dried manner that easily fits common business models. What this usually ends up meaning is you’re left wondering how to fill out your platform sign-ups the correct way, when your circumstances don’t fit the mold.
Here are some common points of confusion small business owners commonly encounter when verifying listings on Google Places – and what to do about them:
1. Servicing a wide geographical area, rather than operating out of one location – List your central business address and then let potential customers know which areas you service like this:
- After finding your listing and claiming it, you’ll be sent to the dashboard.
- Go to the “Edit Business Listing” Page. You can see my listing has been ‘claimed’ already. If you have not claimed it, it will say ‘Claim This Listing’
- Select “Service Areas and Location Settings”
- Deselect the default “No, all customers come to the business location” radio button
- Select “Yes, this business serves customers at their locations in a specific area”
- In the drop-down that appears, you have two options. Choose one or both of them:
- Check “Do not show my business address on my Maps listing’ (if you don’t want your home address to show)
- Select all the areas your business serves
Where to put your Box Number, if your business address is a P. O. Box – Put your box number in line 2
How to Edit Your Listing after it’s Up and Running – If you need to edit your listing (or simply want to track and study data):
- Log into Google Places
- Review the information in your Dashboard
- Click on the links you need to edit
And that’s Google Places in a nutshell.
It’s really easy to set up, so do it as quickly as possible to increase your customer/client base and geographical reach.
For those of you who take this crucial first step, Section Two deals with all those little facts and glitches you inevitably find out any system has – once you actually start to use it. Don’t be intimidated, however – having this Special Report to turn to will fast-track your glitch angst into relief…