5 Best Internet Marketing Strategies to Consider for 2012
It’s that time of year to reflect on your 2012 marketing goals.
- Host a webinar or teleseminar. Now is the time to consider outlining those 12 topics you consider relevant to your clients needs. Help them grow their business and understand your business a bit more. If you already do a webinar, consider changing the format. Doing just webinars? Try a teleseminar. Make sure you choose a topic that is relevant to your audience and see what kind of response you receive
- Start the e-newsletter. Now is the time to consider what you’ve put off. Those emails may be flooding your inbox, but they are there because they work. You don’t have to be a prolific or great writer, consider hiring someone or start small and work on the topics you love to talk about the most. Just as with #1, make sure it will speak to your audience and spell-check. Already doing a newsletter? Have you checked your email stats as well as whether your emails are sending traffic to your website. It might be time for some restrategizing. Need to up the number newsletters? Need to send different content?
- Update your website / blog. Website looking a bit outdated? Perhaps it’s time to reconsider your website or your blog. I shared in my blog when it might be time to consider a redesign. First impressions matter most when designing your website.
- Start a pay-per-click advertising campaign. I’m a huge fan of pay-per-click advertising. Right now it’s a bit pricey with Google Adwords, unless you really focus on a specific demographic. It is a doable option considering the price of a local magazine ad can cost $1500 per month. But Facebook right now can be rather cheap. Again, make sure you choose your demographic well and tweak and tweak and tweak your ads. Yes, you pay for the traffic – but – it’s definitely worth it on the long run. Let us know if you’d like help with your PPC campaign.
- Content! Posting once per month to blog might not be enough anymore. Consider video blogs or writing on more topics. Don’t forget to post them to Facebook fan page!
I am currently working on a Social Media one-hour workshop that I will be sharing via a webinar and with the Fort Bend Chamber. I’ll let you know more as we progress, but until then, I hope you have a wonderful transition into the new year. I will keep everyone posted on it progress and share with you how can learn more about Facebook and LinkedIn. I would love to know what your biggest questions are about social media so that I can address them in my webinar. Send your questions to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/globalspex.