10 Real Life QR Code Examples for Marketing
March 6, 2012 /
In a past blog post, I explained the idea of QR Codes. Below are 10 examples of what you can do to incorporate QR Codes into your internet marketing strategies.
- On your car, while parked at a client’s home or office or a stop light, visitors or neighbors can scan your code rather than type in your phone number. QR Codes can instigate a call, a website, or text.
- On postcards, direct mail that will send users to a landing page that describes that specific feature or special that you are promoting. It can send users to a coupon or contest
- Restaurants, on your menu to see photos of the food
- On a business card, send users to a special video of you welcoming them and telling them more about you and your business.
- Place it on your storefront to direct users to your online store. You might be close but not your website.
- Add a qr code at checkout, send them to your Facebook page to continue the relationship.
- QR code stickers. Place anywhere and everywhere that you can.
- Magazine advertisement that sends users to a mobile friendly landing page.
- Expo or Conference Welcome signs with individual qr codes that sends participants to specific seminar pages, speakers, content downloads.
- At a cocktail reception that you are hosting, qr codes on napkins or coasters. This same concept would work great in bars where customers can be set to dial, say, a cab’s phone number or an online mobile game or Facebook fan page.
Think past your website and more toward mult-media; videos, articles, coupons, phone calls, texting. The QR code is meant to expand the customer’s knowledge and supplement information and advertising.